Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Kiki love.

Fall Break came and went, and now I'm sitting back in my dorm room unpacking all of my stuff and waiting to see what truckload of stuff my roommate comes back with this time (She always comes back with something big and a lot of little stuff. First it was lamp, then her own refrigerator). I have really learned to love college and the wonderful people that I've gotten involved with, but I miss home. I miss my family and the familiarity. 
But right now, I really miss my kitties. Yes, kitties. 

A few weeks ago my mom and little sisters visited an animal hospital with their Frontier Girls group and saw two kittens there. There were about 3 months old and needed a home. The girl kitten had been brought to the place by its owner right after the litter was born, and they asked them to put the kitten to sleep because she only had one eye. The people at the animal hospital refused to kill her over a harmless missing eye, so they kept her and decided to find a home for her. The boy kitten had been found in a box on the steps of the animal hospital around the same time, and they had no clue where he came from. The girl was black and white with fine, fluffy fur and a the white on her black face resembled a perfect mustache. The boy was a beautiful creamy Siamese with bright blue eyes and brown on his face, eyes, and paws. 
My sisters wanted them. My mom couldn't say no. So I went with them over break to pick the 3 and a half month old kittens up. We named them Naomi and Thomas O'Malley (like in The Aristocats) and I'm completely in love with them. If I could have, I would have brought them back to school with me and kept them forever. 




They are the cutest. Thomas O'Malley fell asleep on my shoulder for over an hour while I was laying on moms bed talking to her, and Naomi crawled up on me this morning while I was sitting in the floor. 
And apparently, Thomas is a big fan of my blog. My mom texted me this picture once I was back at school.

Days Until Thailand: 234
Code Red Intake: 4 

No comments: