Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you!

Going back through my prayer journal (Yeah, call me a dork. I don't care), I found "Psalm 63" written in bold letters and surrounded by a doodle frame at the top of one of my entries from Romania. Curious, I went back to see why it had stood out to me at the time. 

"O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you;
my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. 
So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory.
Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you.
So I will bless  you as long as I live;
in your name I will left up my hands.
My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips,
when I remember you upon my bed, and meditate on you in the watches of the night;
for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy.
My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.
But those who seek to destroy my life shall go down into the depth of the earth;
they shall be given over to the power of the sword;
they shall be a portion for jackals.
But the king shall rejoice in God; 
all who swear by him shall exult; for the mouths of liars shall be stopped." 

If that doesn't just rock the very depths of your being, I don't know what does. Personally, it makes me want to run as fast as I can and shout His praises from the mountains and dance for joy because we serve a Savior who is constantly romancing us and whose love is better than life itself and who upholds us with His right hand. No one can ever love us like He does, and we'll never deserve the love He offers, but yet we have it. 
How AWESOME is that? Seriously, it blows my mind. 

No comments: